Mike Green#27 • D
- Status: Sprained MCL, sidelined indefinitely
- Height: 6'1
- Weight: 207 lbs.
- Shoots: R
- Experience: 14 years
- Birthdate: Oct 12, 1985 (34 years)
- Birthplace: Calgary, Alta.
- Drafted: Drafted by Washington in 2004 (1/29).
- Acquired: Acquired in a trade with Detroit in 2020.
|Is a tremendous skater and a natural point producer from the back end. Can place constant pressure on opposing defenses. Packs an excellent wrister. Likes to initiate body contact. Can quarterback a power play with aplomb. Is somewhat mistake-prone in the defensive zone, which negates some of his overall effectiveness. Lacks some consistency and discipline to his game. Injuries have been a problem for him. Isn't as dynamic as he used to be.|
|Long Range Potential:|
|Veteran, mobile offensive defenseman, when healthy.|
|NHL||First All-Star Team||2009-10, 2008-09|
|NHL||Played in the NHL YoungStars Game||2006-07|
|NHL||Named to play in the NHL All-Star Game||2010-11|
|WHL||East First All-Star Team||2004-05|